www.arloandjacob.com is a site operated by Arlo & Jacob, a division of Arlo Living Ltd. When you purchase our products, your contract will be with that company. We are a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 11861649. Our registered office is Castle Lane Industrial Estate, Melbourne, Derbyshire.
Arlo & Jacob Upholstery pieces are handcrafted in the UK.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts between Arlo Living Ltd. and the Customer in relation to all sales of our products, services and third-party warranties procured or manufactured by us. By placing an order with us you indicate that you accept and agree to these sales terms. Any order you place with us is not accepted until you receive an Order Confirmation; in person, by email, or by post. The contract between Arlo Living Ltd. will only be formed when we send you this Order Confirmation. This Sales Order is a binding contract between Arlo Living Ltd. and the Customer.
These terms apply to orders placed within the UK, with delivery to mainland UK only. If you purchase products from us and deliver to a region outside of the mainland UK, you agree these Terms and Conditions do not apply. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time-to-time. With this in mind, it is important that you check these Terms and Conditions every time you wish to place an order with us.
Note: Guarantees apply to contracts made with Arlo Living Limited only. We are not liable for any product purchased with the company’s predecessor H&F Upholstery. This means we are not liable for any product purchased prior to 1st April 2020. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect your consumer rights.
‘Us’, ‘our’, ‘we’ – Arlo & Jacob, Arlo Living Ltd.
‘You’ – The Customer
‘Order Confirmation’ – The sales order, a binding contract between Arlo & Jacob and the customer. The Order Confirmation will be sent by email, in person, or by post to you upon successful payment and acceptance of the order.
‘Manufacture’ – Sofa products that have been handcrafted and made by our Upholstery team.
‘Products’ - Any sofas, armchairs, footstools, cushions, fabric-by-metre, rugs or other products that we sell.
‘Upholstery’ - Means a soft, padded textile covering that is fixed to furniture such as armchairs and sofas.
‘Sofa’ - Means a Product which has a long upholstered seat with a back and arm/s for two or more people.
‘Successful delivery’ – A delivery that has been received by you, the customer in the address set out in the order confirmation unless otherwise agreed with our TLC Deliveries team
‘On-specification,’ ‘specification’ – Products with pre-defined measurements, fabric, leg and cushion filling options that are listed on our Website in the sizes and fabrics as listed, and which are not Bespoke Products, Outlet Products or Customers Own Selection Products
‘Made-to-order’ – Products within our range, manufactured to pre-defined specifications as stated on our Website or in our Showrooms. The product is manufactured based on your order selection, within a set lead-time given at the point of order
‘Readymade’ – Products within our range that have been manufactured as stock, and readily available for delivery as set out on our Website at the time of purchase. Readymade items refers to stock that is brand new.
‘Outlet’ – Any Products sold at a reduced price to our normal retail price as a direct consequence of (but not limited to) customer cancellations, returned stock in a saleable condition, discontinued products or fabrics and ex-display
‘Ex-Display’ – Products that have previously been displayed in one of our showrooms
‘Arlo & Design’ (‘COS’ / ‘Customer own Selection’) - Products with pre-defined measurements, leg and cushion filling options in a fabric chosen with one of our pre-selected fabric houses – see Customer Own Selection (COS), Arlo & Design, Bespoke – Direct to Consumer or Trade for terms surrounding Customers own Selection
‘Bespoke’ – Products agreed outside of On Specification Products that are personalised for you, including but not limited to; sizing and dimensions, the finish (including legs), interiors, stitching, piping, fabric outside of our core collection (including selection with one of our pre-selected fabric houses: COS)
‘Lifetime’ – Pertaining to our lifetime guarantee on frames, for as long as you, the original purchaser, own and possess the product
‘Sample” – Display product and its components or fabric swatch
‘Swatch’ – A small fabric sample available to order free of charge on our website or available in our showrooms
‘Consumer rights’ – your rights as explained in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
‘UK Mainland’ - this is the main island of Britain; it excludes Northern Ireland and any islands that are geographically separate from the main island of Britain.
‘Website’ – www.arloandjacob.com and our associated web pages
‘IFC’ – Interest Free Credit, a payment finance option that is offered (subject to approval) by our finance provider V12
‘White Glove’ – Where delivery takes place to room of choice, feet fitted, assembled if applicable and packaging taken away
1. Order amendments need to be made within 7 days of the order being placed – see Cancellations and Amendments
2. Showroom orders cannot be cancelled or returned – see Returns, Showroom and Cancellations and Amendments
3. Bespoke, Arlo & Design, COS cannot be amended, cancelled or returned – see Returns and Cancellations and Amendments
4. Orders applicable to a return will be subject to a collection fee of £130 for up to 2 pieces, additional charges apply for 3+ pieces – see Returns
5. Lead-times are an estimate at the time of order and can be impacted by raw materials outside of our reasonable control – see Deliveries
6. In order to receive your items as quickly as possible, it is preferable to accept the first delivery date given, otherwise a further 14 days may be added to your lead-time dependant on location – see Deliveries
7. During the month of December, our pre-Christmas promise can only be guaranteed should you accept the first delivery date offered. Failure to accept this delivery date may compromise your order being delivered before Christmas.
Standard Delivery - Up to 2 items
Standard Delivery - 3+ items
Standard Delivery - 5+ items
Delivery for Selected Postcodes - Up to 3 items
Delivery for Selected Postcodes - Over 4 items
Delivery for Channel Islands, Isle of Wight and Scottish Islands
Price on application
Delivery - Standard Size Footstools, Rugs, Loose Covers if Sold Alone
Single Scatter Cushion Order - Up to 3 items (£10 3 or more / £39 6 or more)
Smaller items purchasing with a furniture item are subject to the £99 charge
Re-Delivery Charge - Failing to be present on an agreed date
Re-Stocking Fee - Unable to deliver resulting in a cancellation
Collection for mainland UK - Up to 2 items (paid in advance)
Collection for mainland UK - Over 3 items (paid in advance)
Collection over 5 items or selected postcodes (paid in advance)
Price on application
Fabric fee per fabric for Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988
Call Out Fee - failure to be present on agreed date for inspection (paid in advance)
Price on application
Staingard Insurance Policy
Listed on Product pages
1. Our standard delivery charges £99 for a single furniture item, or £139 for 3 items or more cover orders to mainland UK only. Exclusions apply, outlined below.
2. We charge a higher delivery rate to the following postcodes of £249 for up to 3 items: IV, KW, HS, AB, PA, TR, SY, LL, PH, ZE (these postcodes are excluded from any free delivery promotions). £349 for orders to these postcodes of over 3 items. Price on application will also apply to collections. Lead-times may change according to these locations.
3. For Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, and Scottish Islands, these orders are priced on application. Please call our dedicated team on our Telesales line to quote you a delivery charge and to complete your order. Unfortunately these areas are excluded from any free delivery promotion. Lead-times may change according to these locations.
4. For all other and overseas requests, Arlo & Jacob will deliver to your choice of address in mainland UK, in which You, the Customer, agree to take responsibility of its onward delivery to your chosen destination by your choice of 3rd party service provider. You, the Customer, also agree to take responsibility for any orders delivered and held in storage at your discretion. Arlo & Jacob do not take responsibility for any damage or losses made by any 3rd party provider, beyond any delivery that we have made.
5. Please note that our delivery and returns policies differ according to whether you are resident in the UK Mainland, non-UK Mainland or outside the UK.
1. All of our sofas are manufactured in the UK and are exclusive to us.
2. We offer Products in our ranges across Made-to-Order, Ready-Made (stocked items), Outlet, Arlo & Design (COS), Rugs
3. All products are subject to availability. Stock availability provided on our website is an estimate and cannot be guaranteed.
4. Our Products are intended solely for domestic use in the UK and we give no guarantees or undertakings in respect of the use of our products for commercial or contract purposes. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree that we are in no way responsible for any non-domestic or commercial use of our products and that you have no rights to cancel this purchase if you are purchasing the product in a business capacity (except in accordance with clause).
5. Due to the handmade and batch manufacture process, there may be differences between samples, swatches and manufacture - these are normal and should not be considered a design fault. With the effect that no two products are identical, and no product may exactly match any sample, including variations to products sampled on our website, in our showrooms or in other media.
6. We offer the product as stipulated in our stores or on our website at any given time. We do not offer changes to any measurements or variations outside of our specifications except where stipulated as part of our Arlo & Design or except where agreed as a special request. All our products are handcrafted, therefore you should allow +/- 3cm tolerance on measurements provided in the product specifications.
7. It is your sole responsibility to choose the colour and quality of the fabrics for your order that is suitable for your intended use of those Products, and to take all appropriate measurements in your property to ensure that the dimensions of those Products are suitable for your intended use of them.
8. Any Clearance/Outlet or Ex-Display Products will be identified and be stated to be sold as such in our showrooms. Such Products may not necessarily be in perfect condition, so please check before you buy that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended particular use. Clearance, Outlet, Ex-Display are sold as seen, excluded from 3rd party warranties and are non-refundable.
9. All descriptions of Products are correct at the time of publication. We continually strive to improve our product range and reserve the right to amend the specification of Products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
10. Occasionally we experience difficulties in supplying certain Products and fabrics and we may need to substitute them with alternatives of equal or better standard and value. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this and your order will be put on hold pending your acceptance of the change; an appropriate substitute may not always be possible. If you do not accept a substitute that is materially different from the Product that you originally ordered, we will cancel your order for the relevant Product and provide you with a full refund.
11. We offer a chargeable optional insurance policy which covers your furniture for accidental damage for 5 years from date of delivery. If you choose to purchase this alongside your Arlo and Jacob product, it will be stated on your order confirmation. The insurance policy is subject to its own terms and conditions and we recommend you read these. The Terms and conditions can be found on our website.
Applies to the fabric you’ve chosen with one of our selected fabric houses, which is in addition to our normal house fabric ranges. The provided lead-time will commence once we have received the fabric alongside any legal certifications pertaining to the fabric use. We do not offer returns and your consumer rights are not affected. We will give you the total price for the product. We cannot accept fabrics purchased directly by you. Due to the legislation covering upholstered furniture, it may be necessary to withdraw the fabric after order. If this is the case we will contact you to review alternatives or offer a full refund if a suitable fabric cannot be found. Upholstery fabrics need to comply with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989 and 1993). If a fabric therefore requires testing to adhere to these regulations, you will be charged a surcharge of £99. This will advised before you receive an Order Confirmation.
1. Fabric batches may vary and there can be slight variations between batches especially with natural fabrics. The most common variation is that of colour – although the actual variation is often almost negligible or very slight. Some fabrics are more susceptible to this than others.
2. Whilst we guarantee to make all items in your order from the same batch, we cannot guarantee that subsequent orders will match your original order.
3. We cannot accept any responsibility for fading or discolouration caused by exposure to direct or indirect sunlight. Sunlight affects different fabrics in different ways, but sunlight, whether direct or indirect, will nevertheless always affect fabric colour. Darker fabrics, because they have further to fall, are likely to discolour and fade more. Different fabrics, dark or light are liable to fade or discolour at different rates.
4. We recommend that all upholstery is cleaned in situ by a professional upholstery cleaning specialist every eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) months depending on use. We accept no responsibility for any cleaning outside of pre-advised methods. Should you proceed with a professional upholstery cleaning company and require further information on your fabric type, composition and construction to avoid incorrect care please contact us. For more information, you should contact our customer care team on 0330 945 855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Natural fabrics such as our Cotton and Luxury Velvet are made from natural materials and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture. Due to the nature of the fabric, it is part of the fabrics characteristic to show bruising with handling and use. Please speak to a showroom or telesales advisor should you need more information. Swatches are also available to order free of charge from our website or within our showrooms.
6. Wooden legs are a natural material so therefore the grain and colour may vary slightly from any depictions shown on the website and in-store.
We offer a lifetime guarantee on our frames - sofas, chairs and footstools except for products with exposed frames - under normal domestic household use, for the guarantee period. Ex-display and Outlet products are excluded from the lifetime guarantee.
You may only claim under this guarantee if all of the following apply:-
1. You were the original purchaser of the product from us
2. You are an individual who purchased directly with us for domestic household use only;
3. You can provide proof of the purchase contract between you and us; and
4. You were resident in the United Kingdom at the time of purchase, and are resident in the United Kingdom at the time of claim.
Where products are covered by our lifetime guarantee, Arlo & Jacob will endeavour to repair. Due to the handcrafted nature of our product, a repair is the most efficient and also environmentally friendly way to remedy your item. If a repair is not possible, you will be offered a replacement. If a suitable replacement is not available you will be offered a refund.
This guarantee does not cover the following or anything arising from or caused by the following:-
1. Damage, wear and tear or other external causes, including, without limitation, overloading the product, unreasonable exposure to extreme temperatures
2. Failure to take reasonable care of the product or misuse
3. Product tampering including but not limited to removing feet and not replacing them
4. The cracking of wood due to extreme changes in room humidity or direct heat source (such as air conditioning and radiators).
Guarantees apply to contracts made with Arlo Living Limited only. We are not liable for any product purchased with the company’s predecessor H&F Upholstery. This means we are not liable for any product purchased prior to 1st April 2020.
1. You agree to pay the price of the product specified on our website or by a member of our team, delivery charges and any other charges stated on your order per contract terms. Prices given include value-added tax (VAT) at the given rate of 20%.
2. We reserve the right to amend our prices at any given time which includes, but is not limited to, occasional errors with pricing stated on our website or by a member of our team. We endeavour to correct any errors as soon as possible. If the product’s price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will at our discretion, request you pay the full price for the product or allow you to amend your order to a fabric of the same price (where available) or reserve the right to cancel the order.
3. Delivery charges apply to the value of £99 unless stated otherwise. This charge may vary according to size of basket, item, and location however will be available in advance of you placing your order.
4. From time-to-time we may offer promotional discounted prices. Discounted prices will be subject to set dates outlined in each promotions terms & conditions. We are unable to offer these special prices previous or prior to these set promotions.
5. Collection charges for returns will apply of £130 for up to 2 items, or £150 for over 3 items. Anything above 5 items is priced upon request. This covers mainland UK only. Other areas may be subject to additional charges priced upon requested. Postcodes in Regions Covered will be subject to the additional charges.
6. Clearance/Outlet and Ex-display Products cannot be discounted further and cannot be used with any promotional codes. Any promotional code offers are strictly to be used for new Product orders via our e-commerce website www.arloandjacob.com or when quoting the discount code by phone or within our showrooms. Any online purchases made with any additional discount promotion codes for Clearance and Ex-Display Products will be cancelled and refunded in full. Discount and promotional codes cannot be stacked, however the greater discount will apply. Only one offer valid at any given time unless otherwise stated.
7. If you are an authorised Trade customer, our Trade discounts apply subject to their own terms and conditions. As a Trade customer, if you are purchasing during a promotion, the higher discount will apply. If the higher discount is the promotion at the time, this will supersede your Trade discount.
All discount codes are applied to the value of the order, excluding delivery costs (unless otherwise stated) and are subject to our general Terms and Conditions. The discount code must be entered into the Voucher Code field on the basket page and applied for the discount to be deducted from the order. Code expiry dates will be communicated when issued (for example, printed on the source material – advert / insert – or on email). Unless stated, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any order. Items already discounted on site such as our Outlet, displaying a 'Was' and 'Now' price are also excluded from discount codes. We reserve the right to amend these T&Cs at any time and to withdraw this offer at any time.
The Joy of More for Less
"20% off everything else" - Exclude shipping and StainGard. Offer ends January 31st 2023.
"30% off" – A further discount will be deducted within the shopping basket when the sub-total of the basket, excluding shipping and StainGard, is equal to or greater than £5,000 full price (This is a basket sub-total of £4,000 given the 20% reduction already applied). Offer ends January 31st 2023.
""FREE StainGard" - Add protection insurance to each item for free. Offers ends January 31st 2023.
1. Unless otherwise stated in the contract terms: payment will be required in full at the point of sale, before your order can be accepted, either via Credit/Debit or split payments using V12 Finance. Only when we have confirmation that your payment has been received, can we accept your order and send the Order Confirmation. Lead-times will commence from this point only.
2. For showroom Outlet, Clearance and Ex-Display, items are sold as seen, without warranty and must be paid in full.
3. We accept payments by Credit/Debit with Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express (Amex). Transactions are securely processed by Stripe. You authorise us to take payment from any card or other payment service for which you provide details at the point of sale, whether or not the order has been accepted by us and a contract formed. If your payment cannot be collected or is not authorised by your card or payment services provider for any reason we will tell you. Any additional charges incurred via your chosen method of payment to V12 are entirely your responsibility.
4. For payment via our finance partner V12, your order must meet the minimum order value as stated on our website. You must make a minimum of 20% deposit upon agreement with V12 and monthly repayments will commence after full delivery. The credit application is subject to the finance company’s own terms and conditions, and it will be assessed and processed by them who will let us know the result. You will be given 7 days to complete the application, and 90 days to sign the agreement. If you delay signing the agreement, your lead-time or manufacture will also be delayed and we cannot guarantee fabric availability. Your order will only be accepted by us after your application, and agreement is received. We will advise if order terms have been amended. If there is any price increase you will not be charged the further amount within the 90 days. If the fabric or stock availability ceases within the 90 days and you need to amend order, you will be charged at the price at the time of ordering. If you cancel your order before you have signed your agreement see Cancellations and Order Amendments. If you place a ready-made or outlet order the application needs to be approved and the contract signed before your order is planned for delivery, the delivery lead time will commence once the agreement has been received and you have received an invoice. If you do not complete the application and sign the agreement within 7 days we will cancel your order and V12 application and return the product to stock where ready-made or outlet. If your application is declined you will need to pay in full using a debit/credit card or reapply, there is no guarantee further applications will be successful. The minimum spend to qualify your order for V12 finance is £1,250 and will include delivery and any third-party warranties, with a maximum order value of £15,000. Any additional charges incurred via your chosen method of payment to V12 are entirely your responsibility. We recommend that if your V12 finance application has been declined, that you wait a minimum of 6 months before re-applying. Upon approval of your finance agreement and terms, documentation will be sent to you directly from our finance provider V12.
5. By submitting an IFC payment plan application to us you consent to us or our consumer credit provider carrying out a credit score check on you.
1. Your must be 18 years old or over to order from us
2. A contract between Arlo & Jacob and you will be formed between once you receive your Order Confirmation and Invoice from us, via email which acts as acceptance of your order. You, the Customer are responsible for checking your Order Confirmation to ensure information is correct. We reserve the right to decline and cancel your order.
3. At no point are Arlo & Jacob liable for any form of compensation. We have a duty to provide you with the goods that you have purchased which are fit for purpose. Whilst we are obliged to fix any item that we are liable for, we are not obligated to provide any form of compensation.
1. Cancellations do not apply to COS, Bespoke, Arlo & Design, items purchased from a showroom
2. Should you wish to amend your order before delivery, you must do this within 7 days of placing your order. You should contact the showroom where you placed your order, or our telesales team on 03300 945 855 option 1. Cancellations and amendments do not apply to Bespoke products.
3. If you purchased your order using our V12 finance partner, have completed your application, and wish to make a cancellation then we will need to cancel your plan and your deposit will be refunded via the same method you used to make the deposit payment. If you wish to amend your order and you wish to make the amendment or exchange order having paid with our V12 finance plan, the balance will be transferred to the new order. We will advise any refunds or additional monies due.
4. Where you have purchased services or third-party warranties, and wish to cancel we will refund the total. This is in accordance with your consumer rights.
5. Refunds will only be refunded to the payment card or method used for the original transaction, this is to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.
1. Our standard delivery charge is £99 for a single furniture item, £139 for 3+ items £249 for 5 items or more covering orders to mainland UK only. Exclusions apply, see Regions Covered.
2. A £39 delivery charge applies to standard size footstools, rugs, and loose covers if sold on its own. If one of these items are purchased with another Product, the £99 charge will apply and will be delivered once your total order is ready. At times, the items mentioned may be couriered which means delivery to your chosen address only without the white glove service. This charge applies to mainland UK only orders.
3. Where we allow single scatter cushion orders, the delivery charge of £8 will apply. A surcharge or increased charge will apply for scatter cushion quantities of 3 or more at £10, and 6 or more at £39. If you are ordering cushions alongside another item, the £99 will apply and will be delivered once your total order is ready.
4. Lead-times provided on our website and by our team are estimates and cannot be guaranteed. We deliver through a regular entrance and to the second floor (no more than two flights of stairs), we cannot deliver sofas through windows or balconies. Please discuss any access constraints with a team member.
5. We are unable to store any order once the items have been completed for longer than 4 weeks. If this time is exceeded, we will deliver to an off-site location where liability will be passed over to you, the Customer.
6. We are not able to deliver your order in instalments unless explicitly agreed upon at our discretion. This will not affect your consumer rights.
7. It is preferable to accept the first delivery date given. If you do not accept the first delivery date, your items will then be subject to re-routings which could take an additional 14 days to schedule.
8. We deliver to the address and contact information stated on your order. If you need to change your delivery address, we will not be able to guarantee the same delivery date and time. We deliver to mainland UK only, with limitations on some areas of the UK, see Regions Covered. We reserve the right to amend our delivery service at any time. Responsibility with us ends when delivery to the chosen shipper is successful.
9. For orders delivering outside of mainland UK, you will be responsible for taxes payable to the UK government, in addition to delivery charges for export duties, taxes and customs fees upon import. You are entirely responsible for arranging all paperwork to export your order. We will make good our promise to deliver to a shipper of your choice within mainland UK. We are not responsible to repair any damages sustained during the delivery process. The lifetime guarantee is not applicable if your order is exported outside of the UK.
10. We use our own dedicated team and fleet to deliver your chosen goods with a white glove service. Products are delivered to room of choice, packaging unwrapped, feet fitted, assembled (if required), and packaging taken away.
11. Arlo & Jacob’s TLC delivery team operate Monday to Saturday, between 7am – 6pm. Deliveries are not made on Sundays and public holidays in the UK. You will need to make yourself available for delivery at the end of your lead-time to accept the delivery slot. You should endeavour to accept the first delivery slot provided, otherwise we cannot guarantee an alternative delivery slot until your order is re-planned in-line with other routings. We will use reasonable efforts to deliver the products, provide the services and procure the third-party warranties, by the delivery date or within the delivery timescales stated in your order. If your lead-time moves, we will contact you and advise your options.
12. Arlo & Jacob’s trusted 3rd party partner, Clearabee is recommended as a clearance provider to make space for your new Arlo & Jacob Product. Details can be found on our website.
13. For agreements made outside of these Delivery terms, further charges could apply depending on the delivery location and any special requirements and will be priced upon application.
14. Delivery times may be extended for Bespoke Products and COS Products. In all cases we will provide you with an approximate delivery estimate at the time you place your order and we shall provide you with a delivery date and window closer to the date of delivery.
15. At times, Arlo & Jacob may need to move your delivery date. You shall we notified in advance of your delivery.
16. If you cancel delivery within 48 hours of the scheduled delivery time or fail to be present at your property or accept delivery on the dedicated delivery date or we are unable to deliver due to access issues, a non-refundable delivery fee will be charged before we reschedule an alternative delivery of £99.
17. In the event we are unable to complete a delivery because of access constraints to and/or in the building that results in a cancellation, we will charge a re-stocking fee for sofas of £139 per item which will be deducted at the point of refund. Arlo & Jacob may suggest alternative options to you should you wish to accept in terms of product modifications for delivery access to be successful. We will quote a price to do this on a case-by-case basis.
18. We shall not have any liability to you for any delivery failures or delays that are caused by anything beyond our reasonable control. This includes but not limited to; any raw material shortages or delays including fabric, components, interiors.
19. To avoid any damage to your property or any items therein during the course of delivery, it is your responsibility to ensure clear access to the relevant room(s) in advance of delivery, including keeping children and pets out of harms way, removing any precious items and protecting floors as necessary.
20. Any damage to the Products or your property or its contents as a direct result of our delivery service must be reported to the delivery drivers or by email within three business days of the delivery taking place. If you do not report such damage to us within this time frame then we shall not be liable to you for any such damage.
21. Our delivery teams may inform you that they are willing to deliver the Products but that, in their opinion, access to the delivery address is inadequate for them to make delivery without risking causing damage to the Products or your property or its contents. In this event, if you request that our delivery team proceeds with delivery then such delivery will be at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur. You will also be asked to sign a damage waiver.
22. If you request that we leave the items wrapped, then we cannot be held responsible for any damages reported which were not marked on the delivery note at the time of delivery. Upon delivery, you should check and inspect that you have received all Products on your order. Any missing Products, damage or faults need to be reported to our Delivery Team in the first instance. You should inform us within 48 hours if you thereon notice anything is missing, not as ordered, damaged, or faulty by contacting your nearest showroom, calling our telesales team, or by email at email@example.com. We may require proof of damage from you by way of a photograph, to help us assess the damage and facilitate a repair, or in the case of inability to repair a replacement or refund upon the authorised return of the product to Arlo & Jacob. If you fail to provide such proof, this will not affect your consumer rights. If you fail to inspect your goods upon delivery and later find damage, we cannot be held responsible for such damage.
23. In the event you notice a fault with the products on your order within the first 6 months of successful delivery, we will make good efforts to repair your faulty goods. In failure to repair, at our discretion will offer a replacement, as per your rights explained in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979. To handle your case quickly, you must contact the showroom that the order was purchased from. If you purchased online or via our telephone sales team, please call 03300 945 855 option 1. You will need to provide proof of purchase. These terms will not be applicable if your order is exported outside of the UK. A visit will be booked and repair free of charge if Arlo & Jacob are liable. If you fail to attend your appointment and do not notify us, a call-out fee will apply of £99.
24. The Products will be at your risk from the time of successful delivery, if using our third-party courier service to the United Kingdom address which we specify in our order confirmation to you, or the alternative address you have provided before delivery, or in the effect of your own collection/delivery to us from the time your courier has in their possession the products. Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges (if any).
Where you are entitled to make a return, requests need to be made as outlined in the following subsections.
Collection charges apply of £130 for up to 2 items, or £150 for 3 items or more. Items of 5 items or more require a price upon request. We require payment in advance of the return. If you are not available upon the time and date of the schedule collection, a re-collection fee will be charged.
You are not entitled to return Arlo & Design/Bespoke/COS items for refund or exchange including those purchased in showroom or over the phone, due to the bespoke nature of producing the order. This is in accordance with the consumer rights regulations.
1. We do not accept returns on items purchased in our Showrooms, except pertaining to faulty goods, see Deliveries describing Faulty Goods. This includes MTO, Bespoke/Arlo & Design (COS), and Accessories.
2. You are not entitled to return Ex-Display/Outlet/Clearance items purchased from our Showrooms for a refund or exchange. Ex-Display items and in-store Clearance/Outlet are sold as seen. The lifetime guarantee is not applicable and we do not offer any third party warranties. Arlo & Jacob do not offer a delivery service for goods purchased from a Showroom and needs to be arranged by you, the Customer in-line with our Showroom opening hours.
1. You are entitled to a full refund or exchange as detailed in the Consumer Rights Regulations 2015 within 14 days. We will refund or exchange the full value paid on the returned product, excluding collection charges. If you wish to exchange, we will treat this as a new order and your order will be processed under the lead-time advertised on our website at the time. If you exchange any products from your order and there is a subsequent price increase or you choose a fabric or product of higher value, then you will be charged this additional value. If you purchase your order during promotion and subsequently exchange out of the promotion period, your order will not apply the promotional price unless the product has been deemed to be faulty. Refunds will be made to the same method of payment, this is to comply with Money Laundering Regulations.
2. Where you are entitled to make a return, you must request your return within 14 days of delivery. For clarity, the day 1 is considered as the day after delivery. You need to advise us of your request to return by email, by phone or by writing. You may be asked to provide images of the pieces that will be returned to us, this is to protect you from damages that occur in transit back to Arlo and Jacob. This is in accordance with your consumer rights as explained in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
3. If you have purchased an item from our Outlet or Readymade collections online or by phone, you must ensure that the item is wrapped in the same packaging that the item was delivered in. If you have discarded this packaging for any reason, new packaging must be ordered within two days of arrival so that your item can be returned within the 14 day returns period.
4. Goods returned to us must be in a saleable, unused condition. If products are returned to us with damage that has been caused by you, we reserve the right to deduct from your refund value to make good. The products are at your risk until they have been collected by Arlo & Jacob. This does not affect your statutory rights.
5. Once returned goods are back in our possession and inspected, we will process the refund within 14 days.
Chargeable spare parts can be ordered. These however are not stocked and delivery will be subject to the spare parts arriving. We offer spare part and installation fees upon request.
Whilst we endeavour to meet the original approximate delivery date advised at the time of purchase, on occasions the manufacture or delivery of your products may be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to an Event Outside Our Control (A Force Majeure Event). We are not liable for any delay or failure to deliver or supply any products, services or third-party warranties if this delay or failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control. We will make every effort to notify you of any delays or failure to supply any products, services or third-party warranties by email or over the phone, we will usually advise new delivery times or give you an opportunity to amend or cancel your order.
This does not affect your consumer rights.
We cannot accept any compensation claims for factory delays, fabrics being out of stock, outside of our reasonable control.
We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our Products that appear on our Website. However we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately reflect the colour of the Product delivered. Please ensure you receive a fabric sample of your chosen fabric prior to confirming your order. Product renders showing a configured product in your selected fabric are for visualisation purposes only.
Where you are a consumer and you have purchased either online, over the phone or by mail order, you have the right to cancel the contract for any products or services without giving any reason, under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2015. If you have purchased instore the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2015 do not apply to your transaction. However, regardless of how you make your purchase, your purchase is protected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This right is in addition to your statutory rights for defective products as summarised in section 6 and in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
We shall not be liable to you (including under the contract or in negligence) for any loss of profits or other business losses, or for any losses which were not foreseeable by us when the contract was made, or for any losses caused by your breach of the contract, or for any losses which were not caused by any breach of the contract or any negligent or unlawful act or omission by us.
We are not responsible or liable for anything other than injury or death caused by the sofa itself. And that we are not responsible for third-party damages, such as delivery damage.
We shall be entitled to assign the benefit of the contract and any debts under the contract. You may not transfer the benefit of the contract or any rights under or in relation to it to anyone else without our prior written consent.
We may sub-contract our obligations under our contract.
The contract shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of sale from time to time and may update our website accordingly. Any such change will only apply to orders made by you after the date of the change. By ordering from our website you agree to be bound by the latest version of our terms and conditions of sale at the time of your order. You are responsible to visit our website to determine the current terms applicable.
See Guarantees for confirmation of which contracts are covered.
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to purchase from us.
We only offer contracts in the English language.
You should keep a copy of this document for future reference.
We draw your attention to clause 12 setting out a disclaimer of our liability.
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to purchase from us.
We only offer contracts in the English language.
You should keep a copy of this document for future reference.
1. About This Document
2. Information About Us
3. Who Is Our Website Targeted At?
Our website is targeted only at people who reside in the United Kingdom, and the products on our site are intended for people who reside in the United Kingdom. We do however consider orders from individuals who reside outside of the United Kingdom, at our sole discretion, so please contact us if you require delivery outside the United Kingdom and please note that additional terms and charges may be applicable.
5. Accuracy Of Content
Whilst we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information on this site, including product information, availability and pricing, is accurate, complete and up to date, just occasionally there may be errors which we fail to notice for which we do not accept any liability. In addition, such information is only up to date as at the time you visit the website. We reserve the right to correct any errors and to change any information (including products, availability, pricing and delivery charges) at any time without notice. If any change affects an order you have submitted, then under our applicable terms and conditions of sale or service we will give you the opportunity either to accept the change or to cancel the order and get a refund.
6. Availability Of Our Site
Our website will only be available at such times as we may decide, and we do not guarantee that our website will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend our website at any time without notice and for any reason, including for upgrade, maintenance, repair, prevention of damage, and investigation. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website at any time without notice. We may deny you personally access to our website on a temporary or permanent basis at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
7.2 Ordering process
Our website constitutes our invitation to do business with you. However, it is not a binding legal offer from us. To order products or services from us, you need to select and order them using the checkout process on our website, or telephone us. A legally binding contract will only be formed when your order is accepted by us.
7.3 Terms and conditions of sale
Contracts for the sale or supply of goods or services by us (whether formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you) are governed by our current terms and conditions of sale and service at the time of order, which are available on request or through this website.
8.1 Mandatory information
Some information is mandatory before you will be able to submit the forms to us. Mandatory information requirements are clearly identified and may denoted by an asterisk (*). You will be prompted for this information if you try to submit a form which is missing any of this mandatory data. Where any information is not marked with an asterisk then such information is optional, and you do not need to fill it in if you do not wish to do so.
8.2 Accuracy of your information
When you submit any form to us, you represent to us that the information it contains is true, accurate, current, and complete in all respects, and that you are the person identified in the form, and that the form is submitted by the person identified in the form or by a person with their authority to do so. We will rely on the truth and accuracy of the information you provide.
8.3 Error correction
You may at any time before submitting your form use the back button on your browser to go back and correct or change any information. If you think there is any error in the information you have provided after you have submitted it, you can contact us at any time to correct it.
9. Accounts And Other Registration On Our Website
9.1 Requirement for registration
To use some of the services or features made available to you on our website (such as accounts, forums, memberships, review and comment functionality, and loyalty programmes) you may need to register with our website. We may accordingly restrict access to some parts of our website and functionality on our website to persons who have registered with us for access to that part or functionality.
9.3 Updating your information
Should any of your registration information change, you must update your details using functionality provided within our website or alternatively contact us.
9.4 Log-in details
9.5 Use of your registration
Anything done through your registration with our website is deemed to be done by or on behalf of you with your full authority.
9.6 Suspension and termination
We may suspend or terminate your registration and/or your ability to access or use any features, services or functionality on our website at any time and for any reason, with or without prior notification to you.
10. Our Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that we and the companies in the same group of companies as us own the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in this site and all products identified on this site.
10.2 Licence to you
11. Your Conduct And Content
11.1 Use of our website
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes reasonably connected to the intended purposes of our website, and you must not use our website for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal activity. You must not seek to gain access unlawfully to our website or any underlying systems. You must not use our website to market or advertise any third party, including any third party products or services.
11.2 Customer review and other interactive functionality
We may offer comment and review facilities and other interactive functionality from time to time, enabling you and others to post content to our website. As we are sure you are aware, anything you post online is available for the world to see, and may be subject to moderation or deletion by us at any time without giving any reason or notice to you. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of all interactive functionality and for all of your communication and activity on our website. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website. Please exercise discretion when communicating with others using our community functionality, and never make any assumptions about them. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
11.3 Your content
You shall ensure that anything you post to our website (including text and pictures), whether as a customer review or through our other interactive functionality: (a) reasonably relates solely to us and our products and services and is an expression of provable fact and not unsubstantiated opinion; (b) is in accordance with any rules or acceptable use policies we may publish from time to time; (c) is not posted in breach of any duty of confidentiality or in infringement of any rights of a third party; (d) is not unlawful, defamatory, threatening, or an expression of prejudice based on race, sex or any other protected characteristic, and is not an incitement to hatred or violence; (e) is not detrimental to people, institutions, or religions or to people's privacy; (f) is not capable of causing harm to minors or unwarranted distress to any person; (g) is not detrimental to our trade marks or our website content; (h) is not personal data of a third party; (h) is not using our site to promote and advertise any business, product, service or other thing; (i) does not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them; (j) is not vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent; (k) is not software or a virus. Any content you upload to our community functionality will be considered non-confidential. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, or any breach of law.
11.4 Licence of your content
In relation to anything your post to our website (including text and pictures), whether through any community functionality or otherwise, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, transferrable licence, with the right to grant sub-licences, to use, copy, edit, distribute, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and do anything else whatsoever with that content, including (without limitation) publication and republication in any form, medium or technology (whether now known or later developed) in any part of the world and for any purpose. In particular, by posting a message or other content on our website (including sending in photos to any photo gallery), you understand that such content enters the public domain and therefore may be used by us for marketing and other purposes without any compensation required to be paid to you. You waive all moral rights (including to be identified as author) in relation to such content. You warrant that you have the right to grant the licence above, and that the exercise by us of that licence shall not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights in any part of the world.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. You should ensure that any phone, tablet, laptop or other computer that you use to access this website has up to date firewall, anti-virus and other security software running on it, to provide you with protection against any viruses which may have infected our website or systems in spite of any security measures that we may deploy, or which may be present on any third party website that you may visit which is linked to from our website. We do not represent or promise that our website (including its content and systems) will be free from any third party viruses, or that any third party website that our website may link to will be free from viruses. A virus includes any spyware, exploit, trojan, worm, logic bomb or other malicious or deliberately harmful software or material.
12. Limitation And Exclusion Of Our Liability
12.1 Protected liability
Nothing in the following clauses shall affect, and we do not limit or exclude, any liability we may have to you for: death or personal injury; loss or damage to physical property; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; under the Data Protection Act 1998, including liability for failing to take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data; or which may not be limited or excluded by law.
12.2 Sale contracts
12.3 Website usage
12.4 Excluded Losses
We shall not be liable to you (including in contract or in negligence) for: (a) any loss of profits, revenue, contract, goodwill, business data or other business related loss or damage; (b) any losses which were not foreseeable by us when the contract was made; (c) any losses which were not caused by any breach of the contract or any negligent or unlawful act or omission by us; (d) any losses caused by any act or omission on your part; or (e) anything caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to change these website usage terms from time to time and will update this page accordingly. By using this site you are accepting these terms and agree to be bound by any such revisions in effect at the time of use. You should therefore periodically visit the web page to determine the current usage terms applicable.
These terms, your use of our website, and any claim relating to our website or based information on our website, is subject to the law of England and Wales, and any claims are to be brought exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.