Want to bring the feel of the Amazon feeling to your home? Read our tropical living room design ideas and tips. Make yourself a cocktail and get inspired
Tropical interior design looks better than it sounds. If you wanted to turn the Amazon into a living room, these are the design ideas and tips to follow.
Let's start from the walls: a slightly over the edge wallpaper, like the Merian Palm by Timorous Beasies, on a main feature wall will instantly give the tropical feeling to the room. It can be paired and balanced by a deep colour paint for the remaining walls and a classy light shade, like the one from Tom Dixon.
A main feature wood coffee table will add the unique touch, together with the stunning Cube Terranium by West Elm to bring life to the room, literally!
Make yourself a coffee, grab your favourite mug, magazine and blanket and sink in our Helena Scatterback in Wool Linen Mix, Olive. This eccentric, elegant and unique sofa brings a tropical storm to your home thanks to its vibrant green colour. Helena is a classic queen sitter, making it the perfect centre piece for your tropical inspired room. Pair with accent pieces made from mixed materials and a good healthy living cook book curtesy of Deliciously Ella to add some quirkiness and interest to the room.
1) Round River Coffee Table£3,874 - Greg Klassen Furniture Maker Moss
2) Cube Terrarium£44 – West Elm
3) Merian Palm£126 – Timorous Beasties
4) Deep Green Blue Grey PaintFrom £25 1L – Marston & Langinger
5) Hollywood Regency Brass Pineapple£62 – Etsy
6) Deliciously Ella£20 - Waterstones
7) Beat Wild Brushed Brass Pendant Light by Tom Dixon£285 – Heal’s
8) Moss Stitch Throw, Blue£85 - Joules
9) Homegrown Monogram Mug£8 each - Anthropologie
10) Patent Clutch, Yellow£19 - & Other Stories
Design Tip: Look to mixed materials for your accent pieces to add interest to your room.