Get the look: Beautiful Botanicals (bringing the outside in)
One of the resounding interiors trends this year has been the botanical trend, which has seen people decorating their homes with lush greens, and adorning their walls with leafy wallpaper prints and fantastic florals. We’ve likewise fallen in love with the botanical trend here at Arlo & Jacob, so much so, that we even styled our new Vesper photoshoot with a beautiful dark, botanical theme. This botanical trend is certainly here to stay for the new year, where we’ll see a fresh, natural theme continuing through 2018, and possibly beyond. So, here’s a blog dedicated to updating your living room, or possibly even your bedroom with some beautiful, botanical-inspired décor.
Here are some of our top tips for nailing the botanical trend at home. Mix and match multi-tonal green accessories with natural materials like jute, mango wood and wicker. Fill large glass jars with indoor plants and succulents to create terrariums, and have larger plants dotted around the room. Indoor plants are known to aid relaxation and create a sense of calm, perfect for living rooms and bedrooms. Upholster your furniture in sumptuous dark green velvets and other botanical prints, and pair with a flash of gold accessories for a brightening lift. For walls, we suggest either a plain white, or dark green backdrop. For those committed to this trend, you could clash a striking wallpaper print with your upholstery for a bold take on this popular trend.
- Vesper cocktail chair, Arlo & Jacob, from £425
- Hastings Large footstool, Arlo & Jacob, from £480
- Zabel Sideboard, Mango Wood, Swoon, £499
- Elevated Green Vase by Muuto, Skandium, £89
- Joule Table Lamp, Heal's, £89
- Swiss Cheese plant, MONSTERA, Ikea, £15
- Haygen Make International Tall Glass Cylinder Vase, Trouva, £49.99
- Mid Azure Green Paint (Intelligent Matt Emulsion), Little Green, from £23
- Jute Basket planter, Trouva, £15