Starting to think about those Christmas gifts? Well we’ve picked out three yummy chocolate bark recipes to win the hearts (and stomachs) of your loved ones this season. These super easy and totally delicious recipes make the perfect festive gifts; thoughtful, personalised and made with love.
Salted Trail Mix Dark Chocolate Bark
Mountain Mama Cooks has created this recipe of dark chocolate bark rich with nuts and seeds, combining salty and sweet flavours perfectly. A healthy, wholesome and moreish choice.
8 oz dark chocolate chips
1 cup your favorite trail mix
1/2 teaspoon maldon or other sea salt
1) In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 15 second increments until melted and smooth. About 1 minute.
2) Pour melted chocolate evenly onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper to your desired consistency.
3) Scatter trail mix over the chocolate evenly pressing just slightly so the trail mix adheres.
4) Sprinkle with sea salt.
5) Put chocolate in the fridge or a cool spot and let set for at least 90 minutes.
6) Break chocolate bark into pieces and store in a covered container in a cool place.
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Bark
Next up is the indulgently naughty recipe from I am Baker, the best choice for those peanut butter, butterscotch, marshmallow lovers out there. Yum!
1 bag butterscotch chips, 12 ounces
1 bag peanut butter chips, 12 ounces
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1) Over a double boiler pour in 1 bag of butterscotch chips and 1 tablespoon oil
2) Stir occasionally until mostly melted and then remove from heat. (about 2 minutes) Continue to stir until all melted then pour butterscotch into a parchment lined 9x13 pan
3) Using an offset spatula, smooth out butterscotch until even and flat
4) Gently pour marshmallows onto butterscotch and make sure they are evenly covered
5) Place in freezer for about 10 minutes
6) Place peanut butter chips, peanut butter and oil on bowl over double broiler
7) Stir occasionally until mostly melted, remove from heat. You want the peanut butter chocolate mixture to be easily spreadable. (If it is not, add more oil in 1 teaspoon increments)
8) Remove butterscotch marshmallow mixture from freezer and pour peanut butter mixture over top. Using offset spatula, spread peanut butter mixture evenly over marshmallows.
9) Place in refrigerator to set.
10) When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and lift up sides of parchment to dislodge from pan. Cut into chunks (using a knife works best) and serve at room temperature.
Coffee, Macadamia and Coconut Chocolate Bark
Last but not least is the Hawaiian inspired bark from Margaritas In The Rain. With rich coffee beans, roasted macadamia nuts and crunchy coconut; this combination makes for a tasty and unique flavour.
8 oz semi-sweet bakers chocolate
½ tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon finely ground coffee beans
½ cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Begin by melting the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler until melted and combined evenly.
2) Line a 8×8 baking dish with foil, and pour the melted chocolate into the pan. Use a spatula to even out as much as possible.
3) Top with ground coffee, toasted nuts and coconut.
4) Refrigerate for 2 hours (or overnight), and then break into pieces and enjoy.