Pantone has named Greenery as the Colour of the Year, and like the annual colours that have preceded it, Greenery has had a huge impact on the interiors and fashion trends of 2017. Described as ‘a refreshing and revitalising shade, Greenery is symbolic of new beginnings’, and interior professionals and bloggers are going mad for this bold botanical shade. This bright colour provides a stark contrast to last year’s pairing for the joint colour of the year: a dusty pink named Rose Quartz and a sky-blue called Serenity.
Pantone has curated palettes of colours that complement the hue because as they say ‘Greenery is a versatile “trans-seasonal” shade that lends itself to many colour combinations'. Since Greenery is such a bold and striking colour, this blog focuses on the 'Calm it Down' palette, perfect for a summery interiors update. The pastel shades can’t help but make you feel cheery, and the tone is uplifting and workable with an overall family feel. We’ve embraced the trend with quirky accessories, a calming wall colour and pastel art prints.
1. Theodore Snuggler in Soft Wool Mix – Meadow fabric, Arlo & Jacob, from £975
2. Ceramic Cactus, trouva.com, £55.00
3. Dowse Hazy Spring Light Landscape Print, trouva.com, £37.50
4. Otway Small Rectangular Footstool in Dwell Clay, Arlo & Jacob, from £280
5. Neon Green Rhino Statue, trouva.com, £11.00
6. Assorted scatter cushions, Arlo & Jacob, from £24
7. Aran rug in Duck Egg Blue, therugretailer.co.uk, £275
8. Paint Mixing Flat Matt in Heather Bloom 6, Dulux, £25.72
9. Pink table lamp, redcandy.co.uk, £250
10. Wall clock mint green, redcandy.co.uk, £38
11. Floor lamp in grey, wayfair.co.uk, £59.99