Why not take on some light hearted DIY this weekend and make your very own Pom Pom. Our friends at Wool and the Gang have shared this super easy 3 minute tutorial to create the perfect Pom. Whether you stich these onto throws and cushions or tie together to make a garland, they make great fluffy additions to any room.
THE TOOLS: Crazy Sexy Wool (leftovers) and scissors!
• Hold the tail of yarn firmly in your hand under your thumb.
• Start to wrap (not too tightly!) around your fingers, as neatly as you can.
• Wrap around your hand roughly 40 times. The denser you want your Pom Pom the the more wool you will need to wrap around your hand.
• Slide off your hand…
• Snip off an extra bit of wool and place underneath and tie it in a tight knot.
• Time to get scissor happy! Now you turn it to the side and start cutting through the wool. All the way round!
• Start trimming the Pom Pom so it starts to become even and neat. You can cut it down to whatever size you like.
• Give it a little love by fluffing it up in your hands ruffling the Pom Pom to see if any sneaky bits of wool got missed.