Start your day right with this super duper eggy brunch recipe from Kallo, the perfect way to celebrate the end of British Egg Week. Health chef Tess Ward has created this mouth-watering recipe using Kallo’s crisp and crunchy rice cakes, a simple take on the classic egg on toast. Featuring creamy pea puree with goats cheese, mint leaves and lime juice, topped with an oozing fried egg and a crack of black pepper, this tasty brunch is packed full of protein to keep you energised all day long.
Pea Puree with Fried Egg
2 Kallø Rice Cakes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Kallø Lightly Salted Rice Cakes
Ground black pepper
Ingredients For Pea Puree
100g frozen peas
75g soft goats cheese
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
* Place all the ingredients for the pea puree into a blender and pulse for 4 seconds, to bring the mixture together.
* Place a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, turning the pan to coat the bottom.
* Crack the eggs gently into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, or until set. If you like your eggs over easy, turn them for the final 10 seconds of cooking.
* Serve by coating each of the 2 Kallø Lightly Salted Rice Cakes with the pea puree and topping with the fried eggs.
* Finish with a generous grinding of black pepper.