The biggest and brightest Indian celebration is just round the corner and we’re getting prepared for the festival of lights with these crafty Lotus Tealights from blogger Design Décor & Disha. Super easy to make and totally unique, these festive centrepieces are perfect for brightening up the home this Diwali.
* Acrylic Rhinestones, teardrop and circular shapes in different colours
To make the Lotus Tealights:
* First cut out cardboard discs (as many discs as you want to make lotus tealights). The size of the disc should be 3 inches larger than the tealight. Now apply some glue at the base of tealight and stick it in the centre of the disc.
* Once this has dried, start sticking circular rhinestones in the lightest shade around the base of the tealight.
* Then stick teardrop rhinestones in the darkest shade, on the outer edge of the circle.
* Let this first layer dry before continuing.
* Next choose a lighter shade of teardrop rhinestones and stick these on by overlapping onto the first layer, placing them in the gaps made by the first rhinestones.
* Once all the rhinestones are stuck on and hide the cardboard disc, your lotus tealight is ready
* Optional: stick a string of golden beads around tealight to give it that extra touch of elegance.
For more craft ideas check out www.designdecoranddisha.blogspot.co.uk