Why not surprise your loved ones with hand made gifts this Easter? Get creative in the kitchen with this brilliant recipe idea from our friends at The Happy Egg Co who have worked with Eric Lanlard, founder of Cake Boy to create these delightful peanut butter egg cups!
Perfect for gifting to loved ones, or even as a delicious treat for yourself!
Cake Boy’s Peanut Butter Egg Cups
125g dark chocolate (70%)
30g peanut butter (smooth)
3 large the happy egg co. eggs, separated
50g golden caster sugar
100g dark chocolate, melted
25g salted peanuts, chopped
Colourful sugar strands or confetti’s
1. Melt the chocolate gently on a bain marie, then add the peanut butter, the sugar and the three egg yolks. Stir gently until smooth
2. In a separate bowl, using an electric hand whisk beat the egg whites until they form a stiff peak
3. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and transfer into a clean bowl. Cover with kitchen film and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of three hours, or even overnight
4. When the mousse mixture is firm, transfer into a piping bag and pipe into large egg cup. Pile high and using a small palette knife or knife, shape it in an egg shape (you can use egg shaped moulds, for ease!)
5. Place in the fridge to reset again for a couple of hours
6. Melt the remaining chocolate on a bain marie – once melted, leave to cool
7. Once completely cool, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of your mousse egg and sprinkle the sugar strands and chopped peanuts over the top for added crunch and decoration
8. Serve and enjoy!
Credit:This delicious recipe was created by celebrity chef, Eric Lanlard, made using happy eggs. The happy egg co. are committed to providing the highest possible standard of welfare for their hens, with the belief that tastier eggs are laid by happier hens. For more mouth-watering recipes, visit www.thehappyegg.co.uk