Know How: How to care for your leathers
With our new leathers, Medal and Rancher added to the Arlo & Jacob range, we’ve put together our top tips for leather care.
Medal leather (pigmented hide)
Our medal leather is family friendly and easy to clean, this beautiful,natural grained pigment hide has extra finishes to enhance its durability. Smooth, luxurious and soft, this leather is 100% natural and naturally hard-wearing. The perfect choice for those after an easy to care and durable choice. Pigmented leathers will resist against natural scarring and marking, and their finish ensures uniformity of colour and resistance to fading.
Rancher leather (aniline hide)
Rancher leather is a naturally drummed British grain, it’s been tanned with luxurious oils to create a rich deep colour with quirk and character. It’ll age well and weather beautifully; just as nature intended.
* For both leathers we offer a five year Staingard treatment plan, including sponge and creams to help guard your leathers from general ware and tear.
How to care for your leather
* Wipe up spillages as they occur with a clean absorbent cloth. If you do use water, clean the entire area where the spot occurred.
* Protect your furniture from sun and direct light. Like any upholstery material, leather can fade if exposed to the sun.
* If you’ve got a nasty spillage that needs more rigorous cleaning, always try out any cleaning method in a hidden area first to convince yourself of the results.
* For minor scratches on the surface, use a soft cloth or clean fingers to gently buff the scratch.
* Do not use cleaning solvents, furniture polish, oils, varnish, abrasive cleaners, detergent soaps, or ammonia water.
* If a stain persists, we recommend getting a professional leather cleaning specialist in to avoid any potential damage.
* It is recommended to use a good leather conditioner every 6-12 months.