Get the Look: The Drew Armchair, House & Garden Photoshoot
The Drew armchair is one of the initial pieces to launch from the House & Garden Collection this September. It’s an elegant beauty, that would look stunning in a country cottage or a stylish period home. It has a full-feather seat cushion and two rounded arms and is finished with a ruffled skirt draped over its smart painted legs.
In this photoshoot, styled by House and Garden, Decoration Director Gabby Deeming chose simple, elegant pieces in complementing tones as a backdrop to the darling Drew chair. This Get the Look is to help you achieve a similar interior design in your home.
The striking deep-blue wall colour was the ideal canvas to let the pretty patterned Priya fabric, from the House & Garden Collection really stand out. We’ve chosen a Farrow & Ball paint as our alternative. The delicate botanical line drawings and glass lamp are sophisticated accessories that contribute to achieving this understated, clutter-free look; we’ve found some similar pieces to help you try this style out in your living room. This comparable neutral striped rug with pops of rust-orange is both smart and stylish and provides some contrast to the various blue hues.
This stunning, vintage, chest of drawers is a real focal point, and the distressed-finish helps to soften the overall feel to avoid it looking too polished. It’s a useful piece of furniture to hide clutter within, and display some of your beautiful ornaments and trinkets on top, like this hand painted porcelain jug and these little mosaic bowls. Finish with these slim, black side tables topped with some coffee-table books, and all that’s left is for you to take a seat and admire your surroundings.
1. Drew armchair (shown in Priya fabric), Arlo & Jacob, from £790.
2. Kew Table Lamp Clear Glass Base, Lampwise, £114.94.
3. Orange woollen 'Fields' rug, Debenhams, from £210.
4. Botanical sketches Art Print set of 6, curious gallery from Etsy, from £29.36.
5. Distressed 3 Drawer Chest of Drawers, Woodpecker Interiors, £502.
6. KRAGSTA nest of tables, set of 2, Ikea, £55.
7. Octopus Jug by Mia Sarosi, Heal’s, £45.
8. Mosaic Bowl Assorted, set of 4 by Pols Potten, Heal’s, £28.
9. Paint in Stiffkey Blue, Farrow & Ball, from £43.50.