Get the Look: Tennison Photoshoot, House & Garden
Now, this is a bold look if ever we saw one, but in this instance, we are definitely in agreement, bold is better! Offsetting your bright, check sofa against a daring, patterned wallpaper is perhaps not everyone’s first thought for their living rooms, but this look is dynamic, stylish and certainly has the wow factor!
This shoot was styled by House & Garden’s Decoration Director, Gabby Deeming, who coincidently, was also responsible for helping to design the Tennison sofa, which is pictured here. Gabby chose this stunning, print wallpaper as a backdrop to the angular lines of the Tennison sofa. The Tennison is a tribute to the tuxedo style sofas, which became popular in the 1920s, but has been given a modern update and an Arlo & Jacob twist. Its geometric angles are softened by the padded, single seat and back cushions, which have pulled effect detailing.
This Get the Look is designed to help you achieve this dramatic look in your own homes. Bold, dark coloured wallpapers remain on trend for 2017, as do geometric prints and gold accessories.
1. Tennison sofa in Coquette Blue/Navy GP&J Baker fabric, Arlo & Jacob, from £1,190
2. Holden Décor Damsen Floral Pattern Bird Wallpaper, Navy, iwantwallpaper.co.uk, £24.99
3. Murano 3 Piece Nest of Tables by Hokku Designs, wayfair.co.uk, £63.99
4. Biba Palm Tree Candlestick Range, House of Fraser, from £60.00
5. Cast iron teapot in black, Maison du Monde, £41.99
6. Renaissance Oak Floors, britishwoodflooring.co.uk, custom pricing
7. Flatwoven LOHALS Natural Rug, Ikea, £75
8. Yellow floor lamp, Maison du Monde, £83.99