Get the Look: Style your living room with a yellow sofa
Discover the warmth of a yellow velvet sofa and put a smile on your face and home
Lighten up your living room with a yellow velvet sofa
In celebration of positivity, we've curated a golden Get the Look that showcases the warmth of yellow tones. The new mellow yellow covers a spectrum of ochre, quince, rust and hazel hues for a happy start to Autumn.
Rich sunshine tones feel just right as we start preparing our homes for Halloween and Christmas. In response, we're injecting more vitality and fun into our interiors. Take inspiration from the joyous living room of creative director Ellen Munro @ellenmunro (featured above) who turned our Ferdinand into a ray of yellow velvet sunshine. Immediately Ellen's home feels welcoming with her design flair expressed through her choice of art, rug and mantlepiece brimming with unique objects.
Layer your home with heritage and humour
Our homes need to inspire and entertain us more than ever. The cosiness of Autumn beckons us to layer our living rooms with conversation starters along with beautiful yellow shades. Dressed to impress is our Henry sofa in our A/W 20/21 hue Clever Velvet, Quince and Poirot armchair covered in one of our favourite A/W 20/21 shades Luxury Velvet, Rust. Both set the mood for a glowing reception. Add to the mix a traditional style footstool such as our Tabitha in A/w 20/21 Cotton Velvet, Hazel and get playful with how you style your favourite accessories and art.
"We feel it's time to for more home happiness!" enthuses Laura Barnard, Buying and Merchandising Manager for Arlo & Jacob. "Our Get the Look hopes to delight because who doesn't need more sunshine in their lives?"
Don't forget to add a touch of British whimsy this Autumn. "We need more fun and talking points in our homes, especially when hosting our close family and friends," adds Laura. Take a walk on the quirky side with fun home accessories such as the Tiger vase featured in our Get the Look by Quail Ceramics."
Shop the Look
- Henry, Medium, Clever Velvet, Quince from Arlo & Jacob, £1995
- Poirot Armchair, Luxury Velvet, Rust from Arlo & Jacob, £1315
- Tabitha Footstool, Cotton Velvet, Hazel from Arlo & Jacob, £470
- Orange Tree, Pointless Plants, £27.99
- Bowl on a table gouache by Wayne Plate, 8 Holland Street, £960.00
- Kigali paint, Paint and Paper Library
- Lichen Mirror by Charlotte Kingsnorth, The New Craftsmen, £4840
- Boudica Toffee Apple Lamp, Porta Romana, POA
- Tiger Vase, Large, Quail Ceramics, Liberty London, £60
- Cushion, Large, Linen Blend, Cream, Arlo & Jacob, £42