Get the Look: Pantone Living Coral, Focal Point palette
When the colour experts at Pantone announce their Colour of the Year, they also curate a collection of colour palettes that feature this year’s hue, along with several complementary shades, all designed to illustrate the dynamic nature of Living Coral. This Get the Look focuses on the Focal Point colour palette; an amalgamation of deep earthy green, olive and teal tones that offset this vibrant coral shade perfectly. Pantone describes the ‘Focal Point’ palette as ‘Immediately drawing our attention like a beacon of light, Pantone Living Coral warmly engages, vivifying the palette as it becomes the focal point in this understated and upscale, composed and cool colour grouping.’ It is a grown-up, sophisticated way to use the Living Coral shade by toning down the surrounding backdrop.
We’ve chosen the stunning Stella armchair in Cotton Velvet Fiord as the main piece in this Get the Look. The Tommy footstool in a complementary Olive shade lifts the furniture against the muted, sophisticated backdrop provided by one of Farrow & Ball’s newest shades, Treron. With stunning coral accessories and a vibrant and eclectic wall print that picks up on the tones in this palette, this is a dynamic colour scheme, with its roots firmly in nature.
- Stella armchair in Cotton Velvet Fiord, Arlo & Jacob, £900
- Tommy footstool in Cotton Velvet Olive, Arlo & Jacob, £380
- Small piped scatter cushion in Cotton Velvet Rose, Arlo & Jacob, £36
- Large Wisteria table lamp in green glass with 50cm straight empire gathered lampshade in angel block printed cotton, Pooky, £305
- Matt emulsion paint in Treron, Farrow & Ball, from £46.50
- Wooden flooring, Beech Tender Olive, Junckers, enquire for pricing
- The Flock Poster (50x70cm), Desenio, £22.95
- Green glass vase, Trouva, £43
- Green marble side table, Barker & Stonehouse, £129