Nothing feels more relaxing than a nautical living room, soft colours and a summer touch. Get ideas for your décor with our Get the Look guide!
Summer only happens once a year, we all know that. However, there is nothing wrong with cheating a bit and keeping the warm season feeling a little longer.
This Get The Look is all about natural simplicity and surrounding yourself with shades of whites and blues and costal themed pieces following our nautical living room decor ideas. To get the perfect style keep your walls colour light and relaxing; a light teal, blue or neutral pearl grey will do the trick.
Lighting is extremely important too; go for a simple Blue Crystal Lamp, like the one from Zara Home, that will shade a subtle light into the room, perfect for reading or simply relaxing. Top it up with your choice of candles. The right white or cream folding table will also add a summer touch that will remind you of a beachy breeze and your favourite cocktail during winter times. Accessories like a nautical jug, cobalt and crystal glasses and a matching basket will also fill the room and reinforce the style.
Last but surely not least, channel the rejuvenating and calming powers of a coastal walk with our Pembroke in Brushed Cotton Linen Mix - Coast (a hard wearing and easy to clean fabric). With its curved arms, the Pembroke allows even a city dweller the peace and quiet of the shore. Add a throw and soft cushions and it's the only place you'll want to be once you get home.
1) Mango Folding Table£95 – French Connection
2) Pearl Grey Interior MatteFrom £25 – Marston & Landinger
3) Sea Salt Candle£9 – St Evals
4) Blue Crystal Lamp£99.99 – Zara Home
5) Jersey Pottery Sardine Run Jug£15 – John Lewis
6) LSA Cirro Tumbler Cobalt set of 4£45 – House of Fraser
7) Merino Casual Blend Throw£98 – The Wool Company
8) Large Scatter Cushion in Jenson Stripe, Denim & Bolster Scatter Cushion in Jenson Stripe, Denim£34 & £36 – Arlo & Jacob
9) Ligne Roset Along Basket£110, Heal’s
Design Tip: Rivalling Diptyque, St Eval’s Sea Salt candle (as pictured, 3.) is the ideal accompaniment to any home.