Get the Look: How To Create A Home Haven
Make your home feel like a comforting haven with soft furnishings, calming colours and our new cushion collection. Discover some simple tips to creating your own little haven with interiors stylist Rebecca Wakefield.
How quickly we’ve discovered the calming pleasures of a home-cooked meal, gardening and reading a book on a comfy sofa. Each small ritual brings with it a sense of well-being and belonging. Through nurturing our homes, we learn to nurture both ourselves and indeed our loved ones.
With a passion for designing family homes, we have collaborated with interiors stylist, and mother of two Rebecca Wakefield on a cosy cushion collection. “My main design clients are families who want their homes to feel sophisticated, balancing traditional and modern, but who also value practicality and longevity,” shares Rebecca.
Creating your own home haven is one way to feel grounded
Cushions are an easy and affordable way to refresh your home. Rebecca recommends choosing the timeless simplicity of an elegant black and beige palette whilst adding a touch of warmth with Cotton Velvet in Burnt Umber. "It’s about accessible design, and it’s unpretentious and entirely clean and fresh," she says. "It crosses the boundary between traditional and contemporary effortlessly.”
For added calm bring some fresh flowers, herbs and potted plants into your home. Even some wild flowers in a vase will make you feel more grounded. Everyday play some mood changing music and give yourself a break from the constant media updates. Rediscover novels, puzzles, cross-words and colouring-in books. Keep it simple with soft throws and cosy cushions. Creating a home haven is about the little interior changes that make a big difference.
To create a home haven Rebecca advised Get The Look to team vintage finds and modern furniture together like the Henry sofa with a mid-century coffee table. “I love a sense of the imperfectly beautiful and I like to add a lot of vintage and eclectic objects, so it feels more authentic.”
- Henry sofa, Medium in Cosy Linen Sea Shell, Arlo & Jacob, from £2550
- Bolster cushion in Cotton Velvet, Burnt Amber, Rebecca Wakefield x Arlo & Jacob, £55
- Large cushion in Matchstick print, Rebecca Wakefield x Arlo & Jacob, £60
- Bolster cushion in Chunky Linen, Flax, Rebecca Wakefield x Arlo & Jacob, £90
- Large cushion in Cosy Linen, Seashell, Rebecca Wakefield x Arlo & Jacob, £65
- Task Wall Light, Original BTC, £345
- Mid-Century Elm Coffee Table by Lucian Ercolani for Ercol, Pamono, £515
- Monty, Cheese Plant Pointless Plants, £29.99
- Adirondack 1, Phillippe Weisbecker, The Wrong Shop, £375
- Brunello Cucinelli, Tradition ceramic vase, Matchesfashion.com, £170
- Teapot in white with top handle, Pottery West, £110
- Soft Marmoucha Moroccan Berber Rug, Vinterior.co, £490