Get the Look: Halloween Home Decor
Bring a little theatre into your home with our spookily stylish Halloween decor
Halloween with all its drama and visual intrigue is the perfect time to embellish our homes with bold decor. Rather than sacrificing our style, however, this year’s Halloween has taken on a cultural turn, finding inspiration from the realms of art, fashion, and botanical delights.
"Halloween is a great excuse to make your home decor more engaging,” shares Laura Barnard, Buying and Merchandising Manager for Arlo & Jacob. “Our homes express our personality, so why shouldn’t Halloween feel more curated too?”
Indeed, when styled together, the overall effect feels Halloween gothic. However, each piece is, in fact, sustainable and always meant to play a part in your home. The likes of Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama's iconic pumpkin brings a layer of artistic spirit to the affair. Further, the Alexander McQueen rug designed by Sarah Burton, also merges art, fashion and interiors.
Halloween's brassy orange and black is refreshed as a more natural burnt orange and blue-black.
“Halloween it's not all about plastic and cheap, it's about bringing more nature into the home,” adds Laura. “Burnt orange feels natural but still rich, and when contrasted by dark navy hues create real depth.”
Laura advises if you love the warmth of Autumn, why not create a small snug area and dress it with natural floral arrangements and a classic snuggler such as our Holmes (featured above). Further, our Tommy footstool covered in Floral Velvet, Winter Garden also plays to this dramatic nature-infused story.
"Your interiors are a great way to tell a story, and that's the excitement of dressing up your house," adds Laura. "But rather than spending money on disposable decor, this Halloween think about curating with characterful pieces that will always look special."
Shop the Look
1. Hartfield Snuggler Cotton Velvet, Monarch Orange, Arlo & Jacob, £1270
2. Tommy Footstool, Floral Velvet, Winter Garden, Arlo & Jacob £180
3. Monarch Cushion, Alexander McQueen, The Rug Company, £675
4. Yayoi Kusama, Soft Sculpture Pumpkin, Artetrama, €250
5. Monarch Fire Rug, Alexander McQueen, The Rug Company, £6,140
6. Bird Waiting Lamp, Seletti, Selfridges, £115
7. Diptyque Candle, Ambre Candle 300g, Space NK, £68
8. Giant Burlesque Candle Holder, Seletti, Nunido, £374
9. My Skull, Amber, Seletti, Amara, £99
10. Orange 2, Lick Home Paints £38