Boho-inspired interiors are bang on-trend and provide a colourful, vibrant alternative to Scandinavian style simplicity. To achieve this look, you have to throw some caution to the wind and embrace bold and bright prints. It’s all about layering colours and various textures on top of each other to create a vibrant, visually appealing and cohesive look. Earthy-toned colour palettes work well, think about rich browns and mellow yellows with fiery terracotta highlights and bringing vibrant green plants into your living space which will add intrigue, while softening up block areas of pattern.
Tan leathers work wonders alongside prints like our new Kilm fabric (coming soon) – shown here on the new Heywood sofa – and bronze and gold accessories create lighter accents in the room. Rattan decorations add a natural element while bringing different textures to draw the eye. This light fitting and mirror are perfect examples of how the natural material can be used effectively in this living room scheme.
If you’re lucky enough to have picked up a beautiful handwoven rug on your travels, then this is an ideal way to work it into your space. If, however, you haven’t been shopping in a souk, then there are plenty of authentic designs out there to achieve the look. This example of an abstract Kelim rug balances the use of natural materials with a bright yellow print without being OTT. In addition, this tropical-inspired palm-print wallpaper delivers a strikingly bold design, but the neutral colourway makes it a subtle backdrop for the rattan and gold accessories.
1. Heywood Sofa in Kilim, Cayenne, from £1,435 – Arlo & Jacob
2. LOME woven bulrush pendant lamp, £65.99 – Maisons du Monde
3. Kentia palm; Thatch palm; Paradise palm plant, from £55 – Patch
4. Atlas Kelim Rug, from £159 – Hare and Wilde
5. Knitted Mustard Pouffe, £210 – Arlo & Jacob
6. Tropic Beige and Rose Gold Wallpaper, £23 p/roll – Graham & Brown
7. Alzira side table gold, £69 – Dwell
8. Rattan Ornate Round Mirror, £105 – Puji
9. Bounderby Small Rectangle Footstool, from £350 – Arlo & Jacob