Get the Look: Arlo & Jacob Christmas 2018
Our stunning Christmas shot this year features out beautiful Bertie sofa bed upholstered in our gorgeous Linen Twist, Prussian Blue fabric; part of our Autumn/Winter 2018 limited-edition collection. Bertie is ideal for entertaining guests and for growing families, thanks to its modular design, secret storage and sofa bed options.
Embracing natural textures and a natural colour palette, we chose to decorate with subtle Scandinavian elements for a sophisticated, smart and homely take on winter décor. We layered textures of various fabrics and throws in a complementing colour palette to create visual interest and a cosy feel. A little pop of colour is provided by these beautiful linen-backed cushions that feature our sumptuous vintage velvets on the front, providing some grown-up glamourous touches. Our mohair throw adds another textural element – plus it’s the ideal winter accessory for snuggling under during those chilly evenings. With a pared-back take on embellishments, we chose to wrap all our presents in natural brown paper and jute string, and adorn them with natural pieces of dried orange and pine cones for a rustic effect.
By toning down the colour palette we were able to let the natural textures shine through as the overall feature to focus on. The real tree and sculptural eucalyptus branches bring a little of the outside in and their stunning deep green hue have a calming effect on the scheme as well as further decoration to the fireplace.
- Bertie sofa in Linen Twist, Prussian Blue, Arlo & Jacob from £1150
- Mohair throw in Blue Dusk, Arlo & Jacob, £90
- Linen-backed cushions, Arlo & Jacob, from £50
- Fir Christmas Tree, John Lewis, from £75
- Set of 12 Clear Iridescent Glass Baubles, The Range, £9.99
- Set of 16 White Scandi Christmas Baubles, The Range, £3.99
- Ceramic star ornaments, Trouva, £8.95
- Orange slices, Hobbycraft, £2.50
- Berber-style wool rug, La Redoute, from £229
- Artificial Eucalyptus branch, Clas Ohlson, £2.99